It’s a known fact that proper nutrition is quite essential for a healthy lifestyle. In scientific terms, aging is unavoidable and is a biological process that makes an organism more vulnerable to disease. As you get old, you need more of the required nutrients: Vitamin B12, Calcium, Folic acid, Vitamin D, Potassium, Fiber, and Zinc. And you need the best anti-aging diet plan that makes you look healthy, young, active, and maintain your healthspan.
People tend to link wrinkles with aging; other signs include suppressed brain function, memory loss, and several chronic diseases like cancer, heart diseases, osteoporosis, etc.
Aging includes many other biochemical and physiological changes, such as a change in the brain and a decrease in several functioning cells. Well, all these issues can be resolved with a good diet.
In this regard, Dr. Mehmet Oz suggested the addition of certain foods to your diet can work as an anti-aging strategy and help reduce visible signs of aging. As the name shows, an anti-aging diet is not for losing weight (it doesn’t have a weight reduction effect, though); instead, it is a lifestyle consisting of healthy dietary habits which pave the way towards longevity.
An “Anti-Ageing Pyramid” is divided into three layers; daily, 2-3 times a week, and weekly. Being healthy and being youthful goes hand in hand. Being healthy can easily be controlled by modifying your daily eating habits. If you are eating recklessly without putting any thought into them, you are choosing a diet imbalanced in calories and nutrients.
Dr. Oz’s best anti-aging diet plan.
Dr. Oz’s diet plan is based on facts; how your body stores fat, why you get hungry, what makes you complete, and how your body burns its calories. This plan also helps in eating more minor portions but enough in proteins, carbs, and calories.
Does this plan Work?
There is not enough literature about this diet, but some of its facts are backed by research.
What to Eat:
Oz’s diet plan consists of a long list of do’s and don’ts. It recommends eating fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, lean proteins such as salmon and chicken breast, and low-fat dairy products. The diet plan offers “Rule of 5s,” which means avoiding any food product that contains any of these five ingredients as listed below.
- White flours
- Saturated fats
- Trans fats
One can have alcohol but not more than one drink a day, and it must be taken at the end of dinner as liquor is full of calories, so you have to control your alcohol intake.
Facts related to Oz diet plan
- Limitations: It has a variety of foods that suit all kinds of taste buds.
- Cooking and shopping: For such a diet plan, you don’t have to travel much as all these products are readily available at the regular grocery/general stores. Thus, you don’t have to change your shopping routines.
- In-person meetings: Maintaining yourself is your job, but there is no harm in getting a “weight loss body” to remain competitive. That buddy can be anyone, your spouse, co-worker, friend, or any other person. Be in contact with that buddy to stay focused.
- Packaged foods or meals: Not required.
- Exercise: you must include cardiovascular activities (running, walking, muscle training, etc.) of 30 minutes in your daily life. Try covering 5 miles or taking 10,000 steps a day to attain a healthy lifestyle.
Does oz plan Allow for Dietary Restrictions?
- All kinds of eaters, such as people on low salt/fat diets, vegans, vegetarians, etc., won’t have any trouble following this diet plan.
What Else is there in this plan?
- Cost: Well, this diet is not expensive at all. Once you have arranged your kitchen stuff, all you have to do is restock your kitchen.
- Support: Whether you find a weight loss buddy or not, you have to follow this diet plan on your own to attain a healthy lifestyle.
The best anti-aging diet plan consists of 2 components:
An anti-aging diet is of two types
- Calorie Restriction
- Modified Mediterranean Diet
Advantages of Calorie Restriction
Calories restriction diet is not starvation and tends to have so many advantages such as
- Enhances life span
- Sharper mind; enhanced learning ability
- Increased neurotransmitter receptors are resulting in clearer minds.
- Better body control
- Bette sugar control
- Reduced cancer chances
- Decreased heart diseases
- Healthy bones
PRINCIPLES OF THE BEST ANTI AGEING PLAN
The principle of the best Anti-ageing diet plan is that it helps attain a lifestyle that reduces the chances of early aging and helps get longevity. It consists of highly nutritious meals and snacks.
- Eating less and often: To intake healthy and controlled meal portions, this best anti-aging diet plan offers you “three main meal choices and three snack options.” So that you get to eat plenty of healthy food whenever you are hungry.
The idea behind three main meals and three snacks is that you get to eat various foods with similar nutrition facts. The diet plan also focuses on regulated carbs intake to maintain high energy levels
- Healthy proteins: In the first four weeks, you must take plant-based proteins along with white meat or low-fat fish.
Such kind of diet has proven to help extend life expectancy and lower diseases such as obesity-related issues, diabetes, and cardiovascular problems.
- Promoting digestive health: The diet plan is designed in such a way so that the body gets the correct digestive function which not only slows down aging but also helps in healthy weight management.
THE SEVEN-DAY PLAN:
- Following are the rules for the best anti-aging diet plan:
- Drinking a glass of water every hour is mandatory to keep your body hydrated.
- An hour before breakfast, have five almonds and ten grapes or two dates to stabilize blood sugar level.
- Have your meals and snacks in such a way that these are evenly distributed throughout the day.
- You can have 1-1.5 units of alcohol along with dinner.
- It would be best if you referred to nuts, chicken breast, or berries as a snack. Focus on taking non-starchy salads and vegetables with your meals.
- Just add a glass of milk to get healthy bones. It can be taken as it is or in the form of tea/coffee/milkshake etc.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, two slices of smoked salmon, Coffee.
- Snack: few nuts/cherries.
- Lunch: 60-90g chicken breast along with tomato, greens, avocado.
- Snack: 8 nuts of any kind. Fruit tea or simple tea.
- Dinner: 120-180g roasted/grilled lamb along with carrots, beans, and roasted sweet potato.
- Breakfast: Coffee, two slices of grilled bacon, grilled tomatoes.
- Snack: mixed nuts.
- Lunch: lentil soup.
- Snack: Tea/fruit tea. An orange or an apple.
- Dinner: 120-180g grilled prawns along with pomegranate molasses and olive oil dressing. Taking mixed salad and walnut with it is also recommended.
- Breakfast: one slice of wholegrain bread, Coffee, two boiled eggs.
- Snack: protein and ginger protein ball.
- Lunch: 30-60g cold meats and 30-60g cheese along with tomatoes, beans, avocado, and leafy greens.
- Snack: tea along with a small slice of cake.
- Dinner: chicken and butternut squash with peas and cabbage.
- Breakfast: a cup of coffee along with a slice of sourdough toast with half avocado.
- Snack: Small handful of cherries.
- Lunch: Grilled burger having salad, onion, tomato, mustard, and ketchup.
- Snack: few almonds.
- Dinner: 120-180g grilled sea bass with walnut, avocado, tomato, and greens salad.
- Breakfast: steamed asparagus, one poached egg, two thick slices of ham, and Coffee.
- Snack: few nuts.
- Lunch: Homemade lentil soup.
- Snack: ginger and chocolate protein ball.
- Dinner: 120-180g grilled steak with mixed salad and shaved parmesan. One peach.
- Breakfast: a cup of coffee, muesli with coconut milk or almonds…
- Snack: chocolate and ginger protein ball.
- Lunch: Salad made of anchovies, prawns, and crispy lettuce.
- Snack: a small handful of dried nuts and fruits.
- Dinner: one apple. Mixed vegetable frittata with a salad made of onion, tomato, and avocado.
- For day seven, you can take anything you want. Eat sensibly and, of course in small portions. Take a little of what you fancy.
These are some recipes that can be used to make your meal if you want to adopt the best anti-aging diet plan.
Thick and hearty lentil soup
Chopped red onions (2 large ones), three finely chopped carrots, three celery sticks, two crushed garlic cloves, 1cm ginger stick (chopped), 400g red lentils, Garni (1 bouquet) 4tbsp chopped tomatoes, 900ml vegetable stock, 1tsp turmeric, salt and pepper of your taste.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic and stir with a wooden spatula. Cook for 40 minutes (this step is essential to get a savory taste.
- Add ginger, chopped tomatoes, and spices (salt, pepper, turmeric) and mix thoroughly.
- Add lentils, vegetable stock, and Garni. First, bring it to a boil at high flame. When it starts boiling, reduce heat and cook it at medium flame for about 35 minutes until lentils are softened. Meanwhile, don’t forget to stir.
- In case you like a smooth soup, get the consistency of your choice using a hand blender.
Chicken and butternut squash
2 finely chopped onions, 1 sweet potato finely cut into 1cm pieces, chopped 6 garlic cloves, 1 butternut squash (chopped into 1cm pieces), 4 chicken legs with skin, 2tbsp olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 1900C. Heat 1/2tbsp olive oil in a roasting dish and place chicken legs (skin side down), and sear in oil.
- Dip and cover butternut squash, garlic, onion, and sweet potato in oil and shift to a roasting dish where there were chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs (skin side up) on top of vegetables and roast for 54-60 minutes. Don’t forget to check if the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
Chocolate and ginger protein balls
2tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp grated ginger (fresh), 50goats, 200g Medjool dates (pitted), 200g unsalted almonds/cashews, 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, and coconut oil.
- Place nuts and oats in the blender and blend until finely ground.
- Now add grounded fresh ginger, dates, and half of cocoa powder and blend well. Blend until you get a thick slurry.
- Take all mixture out of the blender and give it the shape of balls with your cleaned bare hands. Put 12 balls on greaseproof paper (butter paper).
- Before shaping the balls, rub a little coconut oil on your hands so that the balls won’t stick to your hands or each other.
- Beautifully arrange the balls on a plate and refrigerate for an hour.
- After refrigerating, cover the balls in the remaining cocoa powder. Balls can be stored for about a week in the refrigerator.
Mixed vegetable frittata
Diced 1 small sized onion, crushed garlic cloves (2), 2 finely chopped tomatoes, finely chopped any leftover vegetables/courgettes, 1tbsp olive oil, 4 mushrooms (chopped), 2tbsp chopped bacon (or pancetta), ½ red pepper (finely sliced), beaten eggs (6 large ones), 1tbsp of finely chopped parsley and 1tbsp of grated cheddar cheese.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon (or pancetta), garlic, and onion on low heat. Fry until the onion is golden brown.
- Add all the above-listed vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Crack six large eggs in the bowl and add salt and pepper of your taste and whisk well.
- Pour the whisked egg on top of the vegetables and stir well to combine all vegetables thoroughly.
- Preheat the grill and cook the frittata on medium heat. Grill until the edges start to set.
- Place the frying pan under the grill. Once the top starts bubbling, add enough cheese on the top.
- Return to grill and cook until the cheese turns brown on the top.
- The dish is ready to be served.
Since the 1960s and 1970s, women have revealed and debunked aging myths. Women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s break down barriers and discover new ways to prosper from the freedom and maturity achieved during their 40s, 50s, and 60s. It is no longer possible to tell a person’s age just by looking at him or her. For decades, a growing number of people who participate in some best anti-age diet plans have circumvented the aging phenomenon.
Many of us turn to the past to try and find yet more ways to help reduce the impact of aging on our insides and outsides. one thing must be kept in mind that anti-aging diet plans may help to increase your healthspan but not life span.